Mountain City combines the latest in rehabilitative equipment and evidence-based practice with a professional, certified therapy staff.
We provide our residents with the personalized care they need to achieve their therapy goals. Our comprehensive physical, occupational, and speech therapies work together to maximize residents’ independence and quality of life.
Physical Therapy meets the needs of patients who have a loss of function or independence due to illness or injury. Residents are helped to regain functional abilities such as walking, improving strength, balance and endurance, and recovering from painful injuries.Comprehensive physical therapy offers:
- Gait training with assistive devices
- Muscle re-education
- Muscle strengthening & coordination
- Prosthetic evaluation & training
- Transfer training
- Pain Management
Occupational Therapy helps residents return to their optimal level of independence in activities of daily living. Functional skills are taught, such as self-feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, and homemaking.Outcome-oriented occupational therapy may include the following:
- Activities of daily living
- Splint fabrications & modifications
- Upper extremity strengthening and coordination
- Assistive device assessment/training
- Instruction in self-help tasks
- Cognitive/perceptual assessment and training, including recommendations for environmental adaptations.
- Energy conservation techniques
- Safety training
The Speech pathologist treats residents with speech, language, swallowing and hearing impairments.
The resident’s ability to communicate and swallow are two functional skills that may improve with speech therapy.Speech Therapy treatments include:
- Speech-language evaluation/therapy
- Swallowing (Dysphagia) evaluation & treatment, including food texture evaluation & recommendations
- Alternative means of communication assessment & training
- Vocal evaluation & treatment
- Cognitive assessment & training